Friday, April 8, 2011

Icon Fixin'

Earlier this week, I received my final letter grade for my set of icons. I have also been bombarded with my family (brother about to be deployed is visiting the city) all week, so I've been showing off my work and getting some feedback.

My grade mark and some comments from my family have prompted me to seek guidance in further resolving my icons. Mainly because I don't want to be "afraid" of Jamie any more and I want to be able to push forward in the next project phase without being inhibited by the average quality of my icons.

Talking to Jamie always helps. I don't know why I build up such a wall in my mind about it. We discussed my icon set and she really helped me see what contributed to my grade. I also think spending some time away from the project helped make their "truth" clearer. Overall, my main problem was inconsistency with line weights across the board.


This is my cleaned up set. Overall, most of the weight problems have been tidied. I also resolved the issue of the Bible being illegible. I think completing more of the "book" shape will help it be more recognizable without distracting too much away from my overall formal concept. Looking now, I think I've made the church a bit too thin, but I'd like a second opinion before I make any more moves. 

This just shows how they line up. I worked harder on the line up, making important correlations that I overlooked before. It still feels a tad awkward having the cow between the two buildings (cowzilla), but it might just be the best of a 'bad' thing. 


1 comment:

  1. Sam I certainly don't want you to have any fear and hope you know you can talk to me anytime.

    ReplyDelete