Friday, April 15, 2011

explorations

currently working through my Bauhaus phase by exploring extreme contrast and lines.

i have a pretty big crush on Illustrator lately.







I'm still working on combining the randomness of the lines with controlled and purposeful use. The studies have already started trickling into other projects (still mostly personal project, though, i.e. banner). 

I think I'm going to blame Jamie Gray for this one :P

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy to take the blame for these ;)

    They are fantastic (and the other posts too). Keep up these side studies (year round if you can) because they will keep you inspired (as you've found) and will increase your design skills (a form of self-disciplined practice).

    But don't just keep them on the side. Find ways you can work them (whole or components of) or the process of making them (free iterative play!) into your projects.

    ReplyDelete