In class today, we discussed our new aesthetic directions with partners. I ended up discussing with Ivan and Patrick. They both responded to the last three compilations the most. We agreed that the "Bend the Tree Young" was visually striking, but may not be getting the message across that I want it to. For the "Nonresistance" campaign, they appreciated the concepts and the forms were starting to look interesting, but it should be pushed further in concept and become more visually resolved.
As a group, we discussed some potential gift shop and exhibition features.
Gift Shop Ideas:
- Authentic Amish goods (food stuffs, quilts)
- Amish Bible
- Amish books for further reading
- wagon wheel key chain
- Straw hats
- "wheat" candy (to simulate chewing on the end of a piece of authentic wheat)
- rag doll
Bend the Tree Young Exhibition Ideas:
- interactive daily Amish activities (milking cow, churn butter, laundry crank)
- interactive model of the first floor of an Amish home
- a photo booth to take your picture and impose Amish gear on your image
Nonresistance Exhibition Ideas:
- "Sign Your Own Bill" coloring pages
- Amish School House interactive model
After discussing with Jamie, she helped me see some of the visual strengths that I was starting to get at. We both agreed on going with "Nonresistance" for my final campaign. I'm excited to move forward. I feel ready to take steps towards the final goal and I am confident in the pieces I have - I just need to make all the pieces look good together.








I'm glad to see you include sketches as an important part of your process post (as they always should be).
ReplyDelete