Tuesday, August 31, 2010

words for dinner, lists for lunch



For the mind maps, I started large with this map:

Which resulted in this vague and lengthy list of semi-related words.

History

  1. Archaic
  2. Dramatic
  3. Rebirth
  4. Genocide
  5. Extinction
  6. Revolution
  7. Imperialism
  8. Expansion
  9. Destiny
  10. Justice
  11. Dominative
  12. Force
  13. Conquer
  14. Assassination
  15. Annex
  16. Idealism
  17. Ally
  18. Massacre
  19. Inequality
  20. Replication


I decided I liked the idea of American History, specifically, how they've treated various races and cultures throughout its relatively short history.

I broke the map into three major groups we've oppressed and pulled words from each.


American History – Discriminative History

  1. Oppression
  2. Entrapment
  3. Forgiveness
  4. Infiltrate
  5. Relocate
  6. Savage
  7. Plunder
  8. Gain
  9. Trust
  10. Inequality
  11. Segregation
  12. Allegiance
  13. Revolt
  14. Agreement
  15. Compromise
  16. Assimilate
  17. Sacrifice
  18. Process
  19. Suffocate
  20. Separate

While it's still a little vague and unspecific to any particular race, I like the direction it's going.

A new map is in order to spawn better, more effective words targeted to a specific group and moment in U.S. History.

No comments:

Post a Comment