Our book cover project draws to a close and I am in the reflection stage. I ended up in a place that I hadn't even planned for in the initial stages. I encountered quite a few "happy accidents" during this project. I also furthered the development on a few skills that I have been incorporating in other projects, like my contrast-y illustration skills and photo editing.
I'm happy with where I ended up image-wise. I incorporated the work and interests that I've been cultivating outside of school and finally put it to good use to produce different, yet interesting imagery. I enjoy my concept and am ready to discuss it in depth at final critique. Further, I've developed a sense of reverence for the people who make a living out of shooting product - it's difficult!
I do still feel as though I have weak spots in my overall book covers. The type is difficult to ready at any kind of a distance. I'm also not sure if the start black/gradient contrast is interesting enough to capture someone's attention at a small, preview scale.
I'm grateful for this new design experience in creating something for brand spankin' new technology. The world of e-books is one I hadn't explored until this project. I've also developed an interest in book cover design work as I've found it is difficult to create a captivating, memorable book cover.
Tonight, I anxiously await final critique in the morning. Both to talk about my own work and see where my peers have ended up.



No comments:
Post a Comment