Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Concerning the iPad; First Steps

To begin conceptualizing for the iPad, we did a series of analog sketches with detailed instructions. 




As a class, we decided which sketches would be the best to take into digital space. We mocked up "skins" for each screen for the interactions. We also did any excess research we needed, such as moving images or sounds. 

 When the viewer flips to the opening spread, a short video clip plays of an Amish/Mennonite barn raising. Once the clip is done playing, a portion of that last frame becomes the image for the page.




With these options, the viewer can flip through pull quotes. They also have the option to play a short video clip. 







I am consciously keeping my moments of interaction simple and understandable. Any over-zealous, extremely playful, loud interactions simply wouldn't fit with my design aesthetic. The choice of "simplicity" enables me to keep both of these spreads in play. I'm looking forward to the animation step of the process and see my ideas come to life. 

In addition to working out the iPad pages, I am still refining my print layout. 





I have FINALLY found a header that is working. My print spreads are inches away from being done. It's that rag that is still frustrating me.





Two more class periods until show time!

No comments:

Post a Comment