Friday, March 25, 2011

Mixed Signals

I completed another series of Cipe inspired posters, taking into consideration my classmate's (and Marty's) feedback. I took a more... "illustrative" approach and tried to select some color to interject into the posters. I also went back and looked at Cipe's work again, trying to pull out some new inspiration.

For the sake of discussion, I'll number the posters.


#1


#2


#3


#4


#5


#6


I showed these posters to Tyler and several peers and the feedback I got was all over the place. Most people felt my type was in an alright spot, mentioning only a few tweaks here and there. But as far as people choosing "favorites", it was all over the place. At least every poster got chosen once by someone. #1 and #4 were chosen twice for different reasons - simplicity and loud type respectively. 

At the end of it all, I was left semi-confused and very lost. I need to start heading in one direction, but I'm being pulled all over the place by what people are responding to. As for my own opinions, I like #1, #4, and #6 the most. 

In class, I did an entirely new set, trying to figure SOMETHING out. 







Instead of dreaming up my own colors, I employed the help of a few color scheme websites. I don't know why I do it, but I always try to pick my own color schemes and it always falls flat. I really like where my type is going and I feel confident with my decisions. What's dragging me down is image and image placement. I feel stumped or I'm just not seeing something. 

Please help?

No comments:

Post a Comment