Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Mid-Mid-Sophomore-Year-Crisis

I mean... "Cipe Pineles Posters, Round 3". 

This project seems to be getting only more and more difficult for me. I haven't had my "a-ha" moment yet, like so many of my peers have had. I keep producing and trying new things, but none of it is truly working yet. Worst of all, I can't find my own voice. I've been trying to use it, but I can't identify it in my work. 







This is the poster I'm moving forward with. The type is still weak and too cutesy. I have to reel myself back in and resolve my header. Further, the illustration component is just not working. However, the lights are beginning to make interesting forms, they just need to soften up and overlay one another. 



Before beginning my next round of Cipe posters, Marty suggested I do some fast studies of headers only. From there, I can build my composition around that one moment. I did a bunch of quick studies this evening, doing some easy ones and others that are beginning to have ground in Cipe's aesthetic. 








Some things are starting to look interesting, but I'm afraid to prematurely like something. Thoughts please?


No comments:

Post a Comment