I had an interesting dream last night, potentially pregnant with symbolism.
As most dreams, I can't tell you how I ended up in the situation, or the events leading up to it. To begin, all I can say is that I was covered in hives.
Given my medical history, spontaneous allergic reactions are not foreign to me. All it takes is a tablet of Benadryl, a nap, and the reaction is cleared up and never to be seen again.
In my dream, I was covered in red, swollen hives. All areas of my body were afflicted in one way or another. However, I wasn't in my own home when this happened, thus I didn't have any of my own medication.
The owner of the home I was in didn't have Benadryl, but a type of Advil that cured allergies. I took two out of the bottle. They were blunt triangles with a dark green coating on the top half and a white under belly.
I swallowed the first pill just fine. When attempting to swallow the second pill, I had a difficult time doing so. No matter how much water I drank, the pill never dissolved.
I woke up before I could swallow it.
While that was the end of the sleep induced dream, some part of that dream has been following me all day today. What is the pill in my life that I'm having a difficult time swallowing?
It, possibly, all boils down to the identity crisis I'm going though. There's this itch that has been keeping me unsettled in all aspects of my life, and I'm having a difficult time finding the solution that I need.
No comments:
Post a Comment