
Our class is now moving beyond the basic, into the complex. To further 'complexify' (or 'complexicate' (yes, I know the proper word is complicate)), we're moving on to the second stage in groups of two. I am partnered with Jessie Ren, who is logically driven (like myself) and has a different eye than I do. I think our grouping is interesting and it is yet to be determined whether or not we compliment one another - so far, so good. The complex line studies, as I have illustrated above, take one basic composition - turned on it's side (horizontal) - and then is interjected with other basic line studies. So far, my results have been 'safe' and obvious solutions, while some other groups have gotten dense patterns where the essence of the line is no where to be seen. Today's mission is to begin deep exploration of the line and it's interaction of additive and reductive parts. That was way too scientific.
No comments:
Post a Comment