Poking my nose around "ffffound.com", I ran across the perfect image to share. What I found was a purposeful curvilinear line study that is reminiscent of copier studies.

This 'organic' illustration looks exactly like was Jessie and I were able to accomplish on the copier. It has loosely parallel lines following a haphazard, water like pattern. Those lines are paired with heavy, wavy lines - much like how a complex composition looks.
We presented this image in class today. It's a combination of curvilinear and angular studies. It was my favorite of the entire shoot. Overall, we received a pretty average critique in class today, but I know we have a lot of material to sift through. For the next phase, Jessie and I are breaking up.
The next phase is a "Safari" - roaming around Kansas City, searching for images that reflect both the city and our encyclopedia of line studies.
Probably should get some pepper spray before I head out...
SATELLITES
ReplyDelete