Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Color Book Reflection
CRAFT
Okay, I'll admit it. My craft is pretty sub par. I made two books, each to varying levels of suck, and opted for the least sucky of the two. The taping is odd and rounded - while everyone else's turned out flat and square. The motions I went through were correct, but it just didn't come off that way. Mounting the images was easier, but I have no idea why the spine is peeling off.
What did I learn? I need to oursource matboard cutting. My hands can't handle the pressure of it.
CONTENT
Shooting my pictures was a breeze and fun for me to do. Honestly, I have a difficult time taking crisp pictures, so it was refreshing to have an assignment where I could blur the images to my heart's content. Coloring wasn't difficult. It was collecting the right tone of objects that served to be challenging.
I was not affected by printing errors of the Konica, although I did experience frustrating Photoshop trouble. The nature of my blurred images caused banding to occur on the printed photos. However, it's only when you are studying the image in its entirety that you notice this obscenity.
Overall, I truly made a cohesive artifact, and for that, I am proud of myself. I took an experience familiar to myself, translated it to a book, and made the experience sharable and long lasting.
CRITIQUE
During our presentations of the book, I only recieved positive comments. I assume this because everyone else was too far away to notice my blatant craft errors.
Aside from the book itself, everyone appreciated the content. Most people in my section wear glasses, so they understood the blurryness of the images. Also, the blur caused one to focus on the colors produced - not the objects out of focus. I achieved a positive balance between the blurring and the color. Thus, an abstraction well done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment