Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Final Deliverable: "Nonresistance" Museum Exhibition




My time with the Amish is finally drawing to a close in a bittersweet moment. In working with this culture, I've learned a lot about them as well as myself. Their simplicity has rubbed off on me as well as their intrinsic desire to do work diligently and do that work well. This semester, I've learned a lot about my working habits and how important they are in attaining a good final product. The push and pull of great design work is a constant struggle that extends beyond the due date. It's about developing a piece of design that you can truly stand behind - something I lacked all of first semester (and something I will still have to struggle with).









Overall, I really enjoyed this component of the culture project. Developing a cohesive identity and applying it across diverse mediums was an invigorating challenge. Thinking about the totality of a project and visualizing how it will be used in the "real world" is something that I haven't explored this fully with any other project. The most successful formal part of my project is the color scheme. Normally, I'm terrified of colors, but this scheme seemed to fall into place nicely. There are still some minor inconsistencies that I battled with how the colors interacted being overlaid on an image. I never quite figured out how to get complete authorship of all the colors. I feel as though I explored the concept in-depth in my formal choice. The duality was an important part of the exhibit content, although I could've had more control over the imagery's effects.

I'm anxious for the close of this semester only to have a rest, do some personal work, and begin Junior year with a fresh, rested perspective.

1 comment:

  1. The first paragraph is a great final reflection Sam.

    ReplyDelete