Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Final Infographics





Research has always been a huge part of my life. Even in Elementary school, I always did extra research projects, soaking up as much information as I could. This project has introduced me to the beautiful side of information - not just the meat and bones that I'm familiar with.

Moving from black and white text to a colorful array of info was a difficult jump for me to make. My experience with visual data had been limited (before this project) to science text books. This new world I've discovered is vivid, fascinating, and, best of all, practical.

That hardest part of this project for me is always the actualization process. At a point, I had to stop limiting myself to WWAW (what would the Amish want) and move forward into a 'design' state of mind. I'm deathly afraid of mixing type, but I overcame that in this project. My information in the infographics is most certainly clear. In the areas where I felt the viewer wouldn't be versed in the terminology, I provided clarity in explanation.

Where I fall flat in my project, I feel, is icon use. In most instances, they act as compliments to information that it loosely relates to. Other times, there is only one icon in use. I feel as though I'm not exploiting their beauty - taking them for granted almost by not using them.

No comments:

Post a Comment