Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Baby Steps Toward Aesthetics

The heat of the end of semester is revving up and I can already feel a sunburn starting to form. Today we presented aesthetic directions for our museum exhibition project. Overall, most of the aesthetic concepts were painfully rough - myself included. However, my fantastic peers (and professor) looked past the pained first round and offered up some really great advice in moving forward.




My most successful visual proposal was the "Nonresistance" campaign. The photographs help ground the viewer and provide depth that the other two campaigns lack. Moving forward, I need to better ground my campaigns in "reality" and keep in my my audience - intellectual adults.

Honestly, I was prepared for the worst today and arrived in class prepared for a critical "shit storm". I'm glad my peers have risen above petty, derogatory critiques and truly have the best interest for me and my work. I am feeling good about what I need to do and where I need to go and hopefully this is the last of the godawful work I produce for this project.

Further, I'm not sure if Jamie planned this or if our work was really THAT bad, but due Monday is our true aesthetic proposals. She's giving us the opportunity to push our aesthetic direction into a captivating realm and then make the final campaign decision then.

All I have to say is... "Thank God."

1 comment:

  1. Dude, sweet banner. Really nice work and really different from what I've seen you do.

    ReplyDelete