Monday, March 7, 2011

Color Icon Sketches



We just finished our critique with guest Jeff Immer. He was a good guest to have and seemed excited by a lot of the class's work. However, I hope his guess that my culture was "Mormons" doesn't reflect on my set's communication.

I'm comfortable with where I'm at now. I need to fine tune my color palette to maintain contrast. I've decided to go the simple route, because that's what is working best, by calling out an element or two in color. My icon set revels in simplicity and I don't want to obstruct that by going too crazy or adding shapes that distract from the line work.

By Wednesday, I need to have a solid palette, fix my wobbly barn, and summarize my concept for the icon set as a whole. We are finally reaching the "true" conclusion of icon development, even though we will be using our icons in the upcoming project.

No comments:

Post a Comment