Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Digitize Me, Cap'n!

[Remember that Captain Crunch commercial? Probably not.]

We have officially moved into the digital realm of icon development. Honestly, this hasn't been as challenging a transition for me as it has been for some other students. I feel that the ground work I did in the analog stage set me up quite nicely for digitizing. I haven't had to re-draw every single icon because I can live trace. Actually - it looks better live tracing because it retains more interesting qualities in how I have crafted my lines by hand.


I still need to work on a few things - mainly weight. Some elements are getting lost when shrunk down too far. My "model" line weight is the hat. I also need to eliminate any awkward moments, such as the tail of the horse and the end of the buggy or the cow's tail and rear. Additionally, I need to render a bonnet well enough to bring it into the set. It's missing the touch of a woman.

Jamie seems pleased with the direction of my icon set, it's non-traditional but appropriate. I hope I don't disappoint with my final set. Peers seem to also be responding well to my set.

1 comment:

  1. i want you to know, "digitize me, cap'n!" is the name of the folder in which all of my digital icons reside. great minds et cetera. :D

    ReplyDelete