However, it is how the Swedes themselves refer to Swedish Fish. In Sweden, the fish are colored differently (and flavored differently as well) with a more pastel tone. Fish is Swedish is "fiskar", so naturally, they are called "pastellfiskar".
Swedish Fish, in my opinion, are a cultish kind of candy; in the sense that they have a small, yet avid following. Swedish Fish is definitely not the first candy you think of when you need a sugar fix. I suppose there is a fear of a cherry-fishy flavor combo. Nevertheless, Swedish Fish have quite the exciting website, as you may explore here.
Today's task was to select a font, fix as necessary, then choose words that support the object you are currently working with. I felt "candy" or "sugary" or "red" were far too boring of words to illustrate. That's when I decided to poke around the net and find out a little more about the zero fat candy. Initially, I wanted to find out what type of fish the candy is based off of (no luck), but I did discover how the candy is received in its 'Mother Land'.
After the brilliant discovery of the "pastelfiskar" word, I dug a little deeper (using Google Translate) to find Swedish words to describe the candy. European languages are far more interesting than Americanized English ones. From my research and the translator, I decided on 'Konfekt' (meaning candy), 'Malco Fisk' (Malco is how the fish are inscribed in Sweden), and lastly 'pastellfiskar'.
Time to Sketch and Photograph!

But really,
check out the website.
No comments:
Post a Comment