Friday, October 8, 2010

Final Type Words


Overall, I am satisfied with my final output. I would like to take a moment to thank my Photoshop cabailities for not making this project stressful or painful.

It was fun to get back to "the roots" of my Swedish heritage in a playful way. Also, it's always been a secret desire of mine to learn a limited/dying language. I hope I provided the class with a small bit of education as well as an aesthetically pleasing output to look at.

I hope I am showing some improvement in my studio work. I tend to get impatient a lot of the time and for that, my craft and/or my exposition tends to suffer. You can tell when I didn't spend much time on a project because I have more to say about it (covering the tracks of thoughtlessness). I come from a Humean asethetic background - the work should speak for itself if it is any good.

In addition to successfully completing the project, I'm learning more about my place in the world of Designers. This class, as well as the film "Helvetica", are opening my eyes to this. I am recognizing that I have a difficult time seeing what hardcore Typographers see. For that, I respect them. But on the same note, I don't know if I have the desire to be like them. I do have fun in Typography, don't get me wrong, but I don't walk down the street as see mis-kerned signs. I know that's not the only component to being a successful Typographer, but I'm just not there yet.

There's always time and room to grow... and hey, I'm still a Sophomore.

No comments:

Post a Comment