Thursday, September 16, 2010

ordeal


I am working on my covers and my revised versions of my typographical words. Marty touched those folded papers. I'm going to keep the FOREVER! I'm going to absorb her talent through osmosis. I slept with the underneath my pillow last night and I can already feel it coursing through my veins of creation.
(I feel the need to clarify my jest.... Yes, I'm kidding)


I found this moment beautiful, seeing my words coming together into a whole.



I went to the thrift store yesterday. Despite the migraine inducing aroma of second-third-and-fourth hand belongings, I found some wonderful artifacts. A book entitled ORDEAL caught my attention with its beautifully yellowed pages and thoroughly worn cover. Yes, I bought it.


It's from 1939. Neat, huh?

I found this appropriate to my topic. "Thy right hand" is like the white, male property owner who initially decided that any other human being out of his class was to be property. This self-entitlement is bittersweet; producing a nation on maltreatment and imperialism.

I need to meditate on this book for a while. My thoughts are beginning to conflict and I need to make some decisions on my own; not wait for Jamie or Marty to make them for me.

sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment